CLM Exam Testing Window Extended
If you’re taking the Certified Legal Manager (CLM)® exam soon, we have good news: We’ve extended the testing period for 2022 and 2023. The new windows for testing are:
- Spring 2022: May 16–22 (apply by March 16)
- Fall 2022: November 1–7 (apply by September 1)
- Spring 2023: May 16–22
- Fall 2023: November 14–20
Get complete details about the exam by visiting alanet.org/credentialing.
A Guide to Getting the Most Out of #ALAConf22
The latest LM Extra, “How to Get the Most from the ALA Annual Conference & Expo,” explains how preparation and planning is the key to getting the most out of your Annual Conference experience. Take the quiz at the end to see how ready you are for Kissimmee, Florida!
This year’s conference will featuring fresh topics, tried-and-true essentials, new voices and interactive formats, there’s no better opportunity to gain access to the latest industry information while reconnecting with your peers. Check out the program highlights:
- Keynote speaker Connie Podesta, author of 10 Ways to Stand Out from the Crowd, brings a blend of humor and insight for the new challenges ahead to kick-start the conference.
- In sharing his dramatic story, Brezina Memorial Session speaker Inky Johnson will encourage you to harness your inner fortitude and empower you to embrace life’s challenges on your road to fulfillment.
- New this year! Managing for Impact is an immersive management development program dedicated to those responsible for supervising or managing others in the highly competitive world of legal firms. Loeb Leadership will guide participants through this in-depth workshop.
Download the full brochure for details of the varied and compelling lineup of speakers, presentations and opportunities to engage with your legal management community. Advance registration pricing ends April 22. Register today and save up to $200.
Visit alanet.org/annual-conference for complete details.
Sign Up for The Successful Firm Project
Did you know ALA members and their entire firms can take advantage of a complimentary subscription for The Successful Firm Project? It’s just another benefit of your ALA membership. These sessions provide a point of access for law firm leaders to connect and collaborate by sharing new ideas and best practices.
Here’s a look at some of the upcoming Playbook Events:
- March 22: How Successful Firms Approach Cybersecurity will feature a panel of experts on improving data security across the enterprise.
- April 12: Roadmap for How Successful Firms Source in 2022 will discuss how to work with providers to prioritize what you need and what will provide industry advantages.
Save the Date for the Chapter Leadership Institute
Over 60 ALA chapters will gather at Bally’s in Las Vegas on July 15–16 for ALA’s 2022 Chapter Leadership Institute (CLI). Join current and new chapter officers, individuals interested in becoming a chapter officer and ALA’s Board of Directors and Chapter Resource Team to connect and share best practices for your chapter.
Whether you currently hold a volunteer role within your chapter or are considering it, look no further than this two-day educational event.
CLI will be held in the center of the action at Bally’s Las Vegas Hotel, which offers everything from unique shows and an outdoor shopping plaza to a sparkling deep-end pool. The room rate at Bally’s is just $85/night plus resort fee and tax. Reservations will open soon.
LFA Is Back for 2022
If you lead a large firm, the Large Firm Principal Administrators Retreat is a can’t-miss. Equip yourself to lead the charge in your firm, drive change and fuel your firm’s success. Join your peers for collaborative discussions and problem-solving forums tackling today’s complex challenges.
ALA’s 2022 Large Firm Principal Administrators Retreat will take place August 4–6 at the sophisticated Kimpton Hotel Born in downtown Denver, Colorado. Be there when legal management leaders from the country’s largest law firms gather for a unique, peer-driven, collaborative experience.