Volunteer Application Deadline Extended
The deadline to apply for a volunteer role with ALA’s standing committees and project teams has been extended to October 26. That means you have over two weeks to fill out the application for a position on one or more of the following:
- Business Partner Relations Project Team
- Certification Committee
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (DEIA) Committee
- Membership Development Committee
- Product and Service Review Committee
- Professional Development Advisory Committee
- Standards Review Committee
You also still have time to recommend a colleague who you think may be a good fit for such a role. ALA will reach out to the individual with information regarding volunteer service and instructions on how to express interest. They won’t be under any obligation to apply, but many potential leaders just need a friendly nudge to dive in.
Stay Tuned for Annual Conference Coverage!
Several Legal Management staffers have just returned from attending the 2021 Annual Conference & Expo in Austin, Texas. Rest assured that they’re hard at work putting together a recap of all the action for your reading pleasure in the November/December issue of the magazine. It comes out November 19 — be sure to check your inbox!
Now Online: The Annual Legal Management Print Edition
Yes, the print edition is now online. This edition is produced annually, but this year’s is special: It’s in a yearbook format that celebrates ALA’s 50th Anniversary. It should have arrived in your mailbox, but if you prefer reading online or want to pass some highlights around, download the digital PDF version.
This 50th Anniversary commemorative issue includes:
- A look back at the evolution of the legal management profession and where it’s going
- A view of the role business partners have played in growing the industry (bonus: you’ll also have a chance to see some fun ads that illustrate technology throughout the years)
- Interviews with three members who have been members for all 50 years
- Photos from the many ALA gatherings
- Yearbook-style autograph pages — get it signed by your ALA friends!
Check Out Upcoming Education Opportunities
- Webinars: New webinars are on the horizon. Among them is November 3’s You Belong Here: Creating an Inclusive Environment Where Everyone Belongs, presented by Chassidy Deckard, SHRM-CP, and Ellen Rosenstiel, SHRM-SCP, of ALA’s DEIA Committee. Participating can help you discover how to be a true ally to employees from underrepresented communities, as well as earn you HR-related continuing education credits. Look for more credit opportunities in future webinars and our on-demand catalog.
- Webcasts: The slate of free Solutions Series webcasts is filling up once again. Consider tuning in to hear a subject matter expert from one of ALA’s valued business partners share their expertise. Upcoming topics include digital mailrooms, management of marketing vendors, and search engine optimization.
- Virtual Member Meetups: In addition to the ongoing monthly ALA Hangouts and Small Firm Meetups, this member resource also occasionally includes moderated Roundtables about hot topics in the legal industry. Our next Roundtable will take place October 15 at noon Central. Register now to join the discussion on lessons learned about hybrid workplaces.