Want to Secure a CLM in 2022?
If you’re interested in earning your Certified Legal Manager (CLM)® credential in 2022, make sure to save these dates for the exam, which can be taken at home or a testing site:
- Spring: May 16 (apply by March 16)
- Fall: November 1 (apply by September 1)
Your journey to proving mastery of the knowledge essential for effective performance as a principal administrator may be difficult — after all, it’s a tough job — but ALA provides as much assistance as possible. That includes:
- A CLM webinar bundle for completing prerequisite education
- The downloadable Study Guide for the CLM Exam
- An e-learning supplement to the Study Guide, which features four courses that cover the most challenging content
- Packaged books and materials for background knowledge
- Virtual CLM trivia events
- A network for forming study groups with peers
Renew Your Membership
If your firm isn’t participating in Organizational Pricing, please renew your individual membership for 2022 term. If you renew before January 1, you’ll earn a free webinar with our thanks. Just await an email with instructions on how to redeem your complimentary gift.
Log in to your ALA profile at alanet.org and view your account details. Renew online or by phone (847-267-1585) with a credit card. To renew by mail, print a personalized invoice and send it and a check to:
P.O. Box 95583
Chicago, IL 60694-5583
Upcoming Successful Firm Project Event
The Successful Firm Project is a professional network of law firm leaders, subject matter coaches and solution providers collaborating on what makes firms successful. Participants are looking for creative ways to improve the business health of their firms today and in the future. It will provide a point of access for law firm leaders to connect and collaborate by sharing new ideas and best practices. ALA members and their entire firms can take advantage of a complimentary subscription.
Next up in the virtual event schedule is How Successful Firms Approach Diversity & Inclusion, a webcast-style Playbook event, on November 30. It will feature the following speakers:
- Tiffany Ho, Director of Operations at Rogoway Law Group and Vice Chair of ALA’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility Committee
- Les Bookoff, Partner at Bookoff McAndrews PLLC, named “Most Inclusive Firm” in 2020 by Chambers
- Elissa Knoff, Attorney, Bookoff McAndrews PLLC
- Alexandra Burk, Associate Attorney, Rogoway Law Group
Registration Open for 2022 HR Web-Based Courses
Registration is now open for our 2022 HR web-based courses. Participating in these courses simulates the classroom experience, as you meet virtually with the same instructor and classmates once a week for six weeks. They include lectures, group discussions, case studies, readings and assessments. This learning format is great for any professional who wants to take a deep dive into the knowledge necessities for law firm human resources management.
- HR 1: Employee Selection and Promotion takes place between January 13 and February 17. Sign up by January 7.
- HR 2: Performance Management and Compensation takes place between May 26 and June 30. Sign up by May 20.