Watch the Virtual Annual Meeting
On May 6, ALA held its Annual Meeting online. Traditionally, this content — required by the bylaws — is held during the Association Luncheon at the Annual Conference & Expo. The coronavirus pandemic scrapped those plans, but we reconceptualized the event for the Zoom videoconferencing platform. The
Annual Meeting featured:
- State of the Association report with Immediate Past President James L. Cornell, III
- Passing of the gavel from Cornell to 2020-2021 ALA President Debra L. Elsbury, CLM, plus recognition of outgoing members of the Board of Directors
- Town Hall with Elsbury, Cornell, President-Elect Michael T. Bumgarner, CLM, CPA, CGMA, and Interim Executive Director April L. Campbell, JD
We’ll have a link to a recording up on alanet.org as soon as it becomes available.
Catch Up with ALA Roundtables and Hangouts
ALA introduced virtual Roundtables and Hangouts to provide an additional support system and discussion forum for our legal management professionals as they deal with the fallout from the pandemic. Visit the coronavirus response page
to see upcoming dates for both types of Zoom-based meetings, as well as recordings of past sessions.
The Roundtables, for example, have explored evolving best practices for employee wellness, financial strain and returning to the workplace.
New Legal Management Talk Episodes
Since we last mentioned ALA’s Legal Management Talk podcast in the magazine, several new episodes have been added to the feed. Commit to about 20 minutes or less to learn something new from a subject matter expert!
- Three Types of Operational Excellence with Rob Mattern
- Wellness Strategies During the Pandemic with Lance Breger
- Cost Recovery for E-Discovery and Litigation with Rob Mattern and Nathan Curtis
- Coronavirus-Related IT and Remote Work Concerns with Michael Kemps
You can listen to the episodes on ALA’s website or via BlogTalkRadio or Apple Podcasts. Subscribe so that you never miss a new episode in the future.