Hosted by Ari Kaplan, leading legal industry analyst and founder of Lawcountability, the first Summit Series featured:
- Jordan Furlong, leading analyst of the global legal market, discussing his book, Law Is a Buyer’s Market
- Spencer X. Smith, digital marketing expert and Founder of Spencer X. Smith Consulting, sharing insights from Rotoma: The ROI of Social Media 'Top of Mind'
- Greg Satell, best-selling author and public speaker, talking about Mapping Innovation: A Playbook for Navigating a Disruptive Age
- Heidi K. Gardner, PhD, Distinguished Fellow at the Center on the Legal Profession at Harvard Law School, revealing strategies for Smart Collaboration
- Lee Broekman, Principal of Organic Communication, sharing key points from her book, Stop Blocking, Start Connecting
- Catherine Alman MacDonagh, JD, Founder of the Legal Lean Sigma Institute, giving tips on Lean Six Sigma for Law Firms
We also added three new white papers to our collection. The latest is from James D. Cotterman, Principal for Altman Weil: “The Principles of Partner Compensation.” It features solutions to address common challenges to making good compensation decisions. Also available is “The Client Cost Conundrum: Legal Service Pricing in a Post-Recession Market.” This white paper provides tips from clients, law firms and other legal industry leaders on how to develop and manage competitive pricing strategies. And Jennifer Hill — President of JHill’s Staffing Services, a division of Marcum Search LLC — provides a role-based solution to address the significant changes impacting legal secretaries in today’s legal environment in “The Changing Role of the Legal Secretary.”
Click here for more information on ALA’s Strategic Plan and the progress we are making on it.